Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stretching Canvas to Music

Music and art seem to go together pretty well... as long as you've chosen the right music. I tend to get so wrapped up in whatever the musicians are doing, that my own project can take a left turn. This can work to my benefit if I'm painting a bright abstract and listening to Metallica. 


I'm currently listening to a Pandora station which features artists like Hans Zimmer (Dark Knight and Sherlock Holmes) and Apocalyptica. VERY intense! So, I'm stretching a canvas today. Just mindless work, right? Should be able to listen to whatever I like. 


Until, half an hour later, I find the staples have gotten away from me and are marching across the stretcher bar in close formation, the canvas is so tight it's pulling the bars together, and the Joker has outwitted Batman AGAIN.


Sometimes silence is, indeed, golden. .

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intense music but not at all beautiful or peaceful.

    ReplyDelete